View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello and pleased to meet you!

Hi all! Words cannot express how happy I am to have found you! My head is swimming with questions but I’ll do my best not to bombard you with them. I also do solemnly swear (right hand raised) to exercise due diligence in searching the forum before asking those questions.

As I remarked before in another thread, I don’t have a full story yet as I’m scheduled for more bloodwork and a QSART, but here’s where I am now:
  • Began having PN symptoms (burning pain on sides/tips of big toes) a little over 2-1/2 years ago

• Pain is now intermittently showing up on all parts of my feet and up the backs of my calves almost up to my knees

• Not diabetic (although I’ve had blood sugar show up borderline high twice—nobody seems concerned or suggests doing anything about it, so I’m a little puzzled about that. Do you ever feel like nobody’s paying attention?)

• EMG was negative, so no large nerve problems yet, I guess

That’s about all I can list at this point except to say that right before the PN started, I began exercising, eating strictly healthy food, and quit smoking cold turkey after 35 years. Since doing all those wonderful things, I have had this neuropathy start, had a TAH and radiation for uterine cancer (no chemo), began to suffer from “visceral hypersensitivity” (which I suspect is doctor speak for “darned if I know”), and this year had a total hip replacement. I know, I know, these things cannot possibly have any cause and effect relationship, but yanno, it can really tick a gal off—you feel just fine, but start doing everything they tell you to do, and see what happens?

I really look forward to communicating with you all! Did I mention how happy I am to have found you guys?
JoanB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-01-2009), Megan (10-04-2009)