View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You have a swelling on your neck and no one immediately sent you to the hospital for an MRI?

That is a bit strange. Over here in the USA, that would IMMEDIATELY make my doctor say "I want this checked"

I've had the creaking FOR YEARS, whever i move my left from side to side. I have learned to move it slowly. I do much better in the hot hot hot weather than I do in any cold weather.

Do you find that you feel better in warmer rather than humid weather?

I had been diagnosed with degenerative joint disease YEARS ago. My doctor once told me 'melody, this is a degenerative disease, your body will get worse, your arthritis will get worse, you might even need your knees replaced".

I had wound up in the emergency room with two knees that didn't work. I had no idea I had any kind of degenerative joint disease (they told me it was also known as Osteoarthritis). I was only 40 years old at the time. Who thought one could get this at the age of 40.

But in my case it was the obesity and the strain on my joints.

So I lost all the weight, started exercising gently. Did some gentle yoga. I also saw a chiropractor YEARS ago (who did wonders for a frozen shoulder). They really do know what they are doing, but you have to find a good one.

But before you do ANY of this, you must have that MRI because only then can you bring the reports to any doctor you choose to see and they have a base to go on.

The swelling on the neck really concerns me. Does the swelling hurt? Aside from the creaking hurting?

Melody

P.S. Forgot to mention that I never did have any joints replaced and I don't intend to. I fully intend to be buried with all my parts (unless I have no choice that is). lol. I've learned to use Tiger Balm, Bio-Freeze, WHATEVER I HAVE IN THE HOUSE. And I keep my joints warm. for me, it works just fine.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote