View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

my first infusion lasted 6 weeks. my second one lasted 5 months. i'm getting ready to schedule a 3rd.

i went in for 4 hours, and was knocked out the whole time. no breathing tube needed tho. i was out of it for the rest of the day/night. with my first infusion once i was coherant i had no side affects. i was given ketamine pills to take twice a day along with ativan to take at night to prevent hallucinations. because i was already taking ketamine for over 2 years i had a tolerance built up and during the infusion was still semi awake and able to hold a conversation. which had never happened with any of my doc's patients before. so for the second infusion he doubled the dose. at first i was not given the ativan because i didn't have any hallucinations with the first one. but my first night after the infusion i had constant music playing in my head- thought there was a radio on somewhere.... and there were hellicopters going all night and i thought i was like in war zone or something cause of it. so the next day i had my doc call in ativan to pick up when i got home from la (6 hour drive). once i got those i had no more side affects. both times my pain completely went away, along with all other symptoms. once in a while my hand would shake some but definately not as bad as it had been. i was also able to completely get off all my meds. right away.

i would definately recommend it! i gained back so much of my freedom and independence because of it. not to mention a normal life again. there is not guarentee tho that everyone will go into remission. but he has a very high success rate, and even if a full remission isn't gained there seems to always be a decrease in pain levels.

he does not take insurance for the infusion. and depending on what ur able to afford he has various treatment options- a single 4 hour infusion, or coming in for 3 of them- with a day in between each one, or coming in for like 7 or 10 of them- again with a day in between each. each infusion he charges $2k. and you can always try to submit it to your insurance afterwards and see if they'll reimburse you.
SandyRI (10-01-2009), SandyS (10-02-2009)