View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebMurphy View Post
I seem to have a lot of crawling sensations and itching where I experience paing from my TN. When I talked about it to my Neurologist, he looked at me as if he hadn't heard of that before. I should have asked him about it, but my brain isn't working that quickly these days. So my question is, do any of you experience this? I am taking Percocet and thought it could be from that, but wouldn't I have these symptoms on other parts of my body? I just really want to be certain I have been diagnosed correctly. I am on 500 mg of Tegretol 2x/day and am still having pain and these symptoms many many times a day. Of course, the intensity of the pain has lessened greatly and I wonder if these other symptoms are what happens when the Tegretol lessens the intensity of pain. Unfortunately, my doctor doesn't give me a lot of information. I want to be sure I am heading in the right direction, if there is one.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Deb! I've had ATN/TNP for 7+ years. One of my first symptoms was an itchy spot on my scalp and another on my face near my temple. The feeling could go from itching to itching/burning, creepy crawly.

I also had bad eye pain, I would wake up in the middle of the night and it would feel as if I was being stabbed in my eye.

I also had ear pain, and after dental work in 2002, I now have constant pain in the whole right front upper quadrant of my face, along with any of the above sensations and with added crushing, boring, tearing stabbing, and occasional electric pain.

The nerves in our body can act up in so many ways...I am suprised your Neuro had the reaction he/she had. I was told by mine that all these are symptoms of Trigeminal nerve pain.

I believe you are going in the right direction.

One thing I found helpful was to write things down, from my symptoms, to the intensity of my pain if any thing added to or started my pain, etc.

This is something that my Dr.s found helpful also. We can't be expected to remember everything so I also found that having either my husband or daughter present with me at appointments, so they could ask things I may have forgotten or to remember things that the Dr. said. It was also great moral support as my family has seen me go through all of this so they are a great asset to me at these appointments.

I wish you the best and hope you find a place of peace and comfort soon. It is possible even with this terrible disorder.

Mar
FP02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote