View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Healing slowly, but healing.

Hip replacement surgery has a long recovery period. I was talking in terms of six to ten months because that's what my surgeon's assistant said, but my physical therapist said no, that a year after surgery would be the soonest people start to feel like themselves. Since the surgeon's assistant is very smart but basically clueless about how patients feel, and the physical therapist is super great and works to understand PD, I'll go with the PT's opinion, since it's borne out by my own experience anyway. Honestly, it takes most of my energy just to be in a state of healing. There was a lot of pain at first, too, but nothing at all approaching the degree and depth of pain I had been living with before the surgery. (Thank you very much to the member of this forum who PM'ed me to console me about the pain shortly after surgery. Your support made a real difference to me.)

Robert, thanks for the greeting; it's good to be back--when I can manage, which I hope will be more often. I have posted in the BT1 forum at need, but haven't even lurked there in a month of Sundays. I belong in a place where my PWP companions and I are treated with respect and dignity. Another way to put it is that I don't want to stay where cs is unwelcome.

I have rashly signed up for the PAN forum next month. Anyone else going?

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote