View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good Safety Idea!

This was an email I received yesterday and thought it worthy to post here, especially given our "disabled" conditions. I'll just write my own version since I can't copy it exactly with my webtv. I'm sure some of you have heard this all ready.

It's suggested that everyone put their car keys with the lock button, trunk, panic, etc., on their bedside table at night. If you think someone is trying to break into your home and aren't able to call the police for help right away, push the panic button on the key fob and that loud vehicle horn will start making a racket and will continue until you turn it off or the car battery goes dead. It should work from anywhere in your house to the garage and even if the vehicle is parked in your driveway. Someone in your neighborhood will hear it and hopefully investigate. This would also work in a health emergency too.

If you have two sets of keys, maybe one could stay nearby you in the house during the day also. I had never heard this before and think it's a great idea, especially for those with mobility issues. When I'd first gotten my last car new, the horn went off in my garage and it took me forever to figure out how to shut it off -- my neighbor two houses down came to investigate, so it sounds like it should work in an emergency.

Something to think about.......

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (10-02-2009), Blessings2You (10-02-2009), braingonebad (10-04-2009), Dejibo (10-03-2009), DM (10-04-2009), gonnamakeit (10-04-2009), kicker (10-02-2009), Kitty (10-02-2009)