View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vit D, Glucose Tolerance & New Info from Neuro

Thanks for the link, mrsD. Now I have an idea what those numbers mean and what I should aim for.

Brian, I'm not sure if I ever had the glucose tolerance test--I remember having tests where I had to drink things, but with the digestive system stuff I was trying to solve, it could have been any one of them instead. Like I said, I had a zillion tests and can't remember anymore. I'll ask my neuro about that.

Just got a call from the neuro's PA. She said that my B6 level was way too high (she didn't know the number, but I'll get the report), and that I should stop taking any supplements containing it, including multiple vitamins! B6 in high levels can be toxic, of course, and can even cause PN, but my PN started before I was taking any supplements, so I think that's not the primary cause.

BTW, I just realized that energy drinks and some vitamin waters also contain B6, so I have to watch that too. Here I thought that the high levels of B vitamins in those would be a good thing for PN, but apparently not for me because of the B6. Oops!
JoanB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote