View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused New to the forum--Needs some advise

Hello everybody. I am so glad that I found this wonderful website. I was diagnosed recently with mild hydrocephalus. Few months ago, after a transphenoidal surgery to remove a tumor, things got complicated with a CSF Leak, then with a spinal meningities. After almost a month in the hospital I was released. Headached never went away, neither the CSF leak. I decided to look for second opinions which provided me with the news that due the the meningities contracted earlier, I had hydrocephalus. One Neuro Surgeon didn't care too much about it and propossed to see me in 6 months. The other neuro surgeon suggested me to get a Shunt. A neurologist that I also saw, confirm the mild hydrocephalus.
My question to all of you is if I should go for the Shunt Surgery or not. I have read many reports and data about the surgery, the complications, but if I don't do it, what can happen? If any of you had the surgery, would you be better now without doing it? I am confused and very concerned. Thanks for your time.
floridahydrowoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote