Thread: Eyes
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Silverlady

I have been tested twice. And the neuro said she wants to re-check again due to some inflammatory process. My ESR has been raised since PN. For example mine was 28 on a scale from 16-20 last time checked. It remains up there consistantly.

I have had these eye problems, including dry eye syndrome since early onset of PN, as proven by repeat eye exams which shows poor quality of tears & extreme dryness. Optometrist has recommended a plug of some sort in drainage area, but this requires visit to opthomologist.

Also I have other really dry areas including skin & lips which require constant moisturising. But this is not as problematic as the eye stuff. One of the reasons I had so much difficulty with getting a diagnosis is that my PN first presented in my eyes with exactly what you described. A thousand tiny needles stabbing at eyballs in unison.

Needless to say, my PN is or was monophasic autoimmune in nature... thus far. I have improved in many ways, but my eyes are getting worse. Naturally I worry about my vision as you said.

I have never taken any steroids for PN either. It was never recommended.

Last edited by Aussie99; 01-08-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote