View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi everyone! I understand your pain as I have had CRPS type II for 8 years now. I have a pain pump implant with Dilaudid in it. I was on morphine since Nov. 2002 up until a couple weeks ago. My legs were red, burning and swollen badly with edema. It turns out for six months I have had an allergic reaction to the morphine. I thought I was having heart problems and it was causing a flare up that wouldn't quit. I couldn't afford to go see a doctor or pay for test. Then I started having minor chest pains so my brother took me to the hospital. The ER ran tests and took blood. The ER doc said he couldn't explain the edema because he couldn't find anything wrong with my heart. I felt like a fool. I went 2 weeks ago to have my pump refilled and showed the pain doc my legs and he said I was allergic to morphine. It turns out you can form a allergy to anything at anytime regardless of how long you been on it. After the Dilaudid was put in my pump my flare up became worse and then morphine withdrawals hit me. I'm finally doing better in general but tonight at 3am I sit here with my legs on fire and sit at my computer writing this. I just joined recently to this forum and more of my whole story can be found on my "about me" page.

I hate that any of us have to go through this. I lost my wife of 11 years to divorce along with everything else that I worked for my entire life because of this demon. I have good days and bad (like all of you). Today happens to be a bad one.
If anyone knows of a more active rsd forum please pm me with the url.
If you need someone to talk to (even if it's just to complain about the pain) feel free to email me or contact me on im. Thanks for listening.
Gojo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (10-10-2009)