View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, anxiety & worry seem to be the very worst thing for my patient with PD. She can be fine one moment & then fozen or having uncontrolable tremor the next just because of a phone call /or rememberiing to worry about something. I decided to to an experiment on myself the other day. I have trouble turning a page in a book. I decided that if I told myself to actually get upset about it and that I must do it quickly , that perhaps I could get a different response from my body......sure enough, after making sure I couldn't do it & in trying harder, I eventually developed a severe tremor & my eyes got starey. End of experiment...I decided that this is how I could be all of the time if I chose to worry & get frustrated over things. I choose to be happy, to be content and laugh as much as I can...and try to make my patient laugh tooooo. Life is so short to bring more trouble in to it. Let's try to lighten everyone else's load, give soomeone a lift in their spirits and yours will be lighter too. I continue daily to try to find ways to aleviate symptoms completely...like my fava bean experiments (which, by the way, am happy to see fall beans coming on in our August 14th planting...LIFE IS GOOD/ GOD IS GOOD!) Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote