Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
At least 1/2 hr , but 1 hr is better.

The micrograms of B12 can be lost in food. Microgram dosing of drugs has been found to be severely impacted by presence of food. Esp fiber foods that breakfast often has. Micrograms is a very very tiny amount of anything. Because I know this from my training...I push the empty stomach factor. I have not seen any of the OTC websites picking this fact up for B12...and it has been over 5 yrs now since it was known for drugs. That just illustrates how medical info can get walled into little niches and not applied to other situations!

I had a patient in a clinic once whose doctor kept raising her thyroid dose. She was at .225mg which is really high.. and getting no response. Turns out she was taking it with Oatmeal!
She was a young woman with an intact thyroid...no Hashimoto's either. She ended up well, finally at .1mg where she belonged, after I intervened.

Hi Mrs. D.

You probably saved that woman's life.

I take the Methyl B-12 as soon as I get up in the morning. Under my tongue. Around 8:15 a.m. By the time I take my walk to my local little breakfast nook where I have my one egg (or egg white), with my sliced tomatoes ( I bring a cup of my sprouts), and sprinkle on top). Well, it's about one hour after I do the Methyl B-12 that I have my breakfast.

For me, it works just fine.

I take 5000 each and every day. So far, no side effects, just good energy and no pins and needles and tingling.

Oh, on an interesting note, last night Alan said "my feet don't burn, they just tingle". I said "what do you mean your feet don't burn, I thought that's what they've been doing for 18 years because your neuro diagnosed you with small fiber (I think large fiber too, but I'm not sure).

He said 'what exactly do you mean when you say BURNING".

So I said "well, in my case when the weather is not cooperating, my whole foot burns for two seconds. NOTHING COMPARED to what it did when I was first diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy two years ago.

I immediately went on the Methyl B-12 and the rest is history. He tried it but nothing happened.

So I do get very few episodes of slight burning, but it's NOTHING. Maybe they are healing? Who knows. I certainly can live with it because I dont' get the zipping zapping, etc.

Alan, on the other hand explained that what I thought was BURNING in his case, turned out to be EXTREME TINGLING. So when Alan says to me "My feet are doing a dance", now I know he means TINGLING and not burning.

God only knows, I would have spent the next 18 years thinking this guy's feet were on fire, and they were REALLY TINGLING LIKE CRAZY.

Neuropathy is a very weird disorder.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mymarie (08-27-2012)