View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome!

I'm glad you found neurotalk - - great place with caring, knowledgeable folks who have helped me alot.

My MG is very mild compared to many on this site. I went in search of a diagnosis for a right arm that could not seem to handle activity -- sometimes dumb things like stirring cookie dough or brushing teeth. Found myself compensating by changing hands to do things.

Legs started getting heavy and filling with some fluid - but doc said it was lymphedema. Activities (like my sports activity and 2 mile per day walks were getting impossible). But I kept pushing myself - getting more and more frustrated!

Once diagnosed, it turned out that it had actually started as mild ptosis on my right side and slowly progressed to arms and legs. But because it was mild, the symptoms I focused on were the ones that kept me from diong my activites (the right arm). I y never really noticed my face until I started Mestinon. My hubby calls it my 'instant face lift'. (he'll say 'you need a facelift' when he sees I need a Mestinon boost!!)

I am only on Mestinon and it is working. The swelling in legs is gone. Neuro said it's because the mestinon helps strengthen the muscles so they can now support my lymph system properly. (I just glad it's gone!)

I have no thymoma, am sero neg, and barely failed a SFEMG. Neuro says spontaneous remission is unlikely (very rare) and progression is possible - - but there is no scientific way to predict - only time will tell.

Taking good care of yourself (proper rest, especially good nutrition - with B12 supplements, reduced stress, and sensible activity) helps a lot. But it is a 'new normal' with no guarentees unfortunately.

Once again welcome!
Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-03-2009)