View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all-

And thanks rach73 and suev for your responses. I had a lot I wanted to say about how I got to where I am now and why I made the decisions I did but it was taking too long and the surface had just been scratched. I wish I could type!

The gist is that I have been to two neuros and based on the physical manifestations and the blood test results they both have diagnosed MG. I did not get the fiber test done. That would have required another day off work and a 200 mile+ trip. Figured it wasn't necessary or worth it as both neuros were confident in their diagnosis. Both neuros prescribed mestinon as the first line of treatment.

I had done massive amounts of reading and research on the web before I had gotten a confirmed diagnosis. I had already decided that if I had MG I wasn't going to take the mestinon. My innocent belief was that a set of circumstances caused this condition, therefore a reversal or correction of those circumstances could eliminate this condition. I was not going to treat the symptoms I was going to go after the cause. Yeah great. What was the cause? Theories of overactive immune sys, underactive immune sys, and the immune sys out of balance between the thyroid and the thymus all had their proponents and all sounded good. To this day I'm not sure who's right.

C*** - this is taking forever to type and I'm rambling. Look, what I am trying to say is that in the three months since my disease started I have eliminated 95% of my symptoms and problems with dietary changes and nutritional supplementation. And I am still improving. Even though I got the prescriptions filled I never took any mestinon nor was there any steroid treatment. I have had a thymus scan but I don't know the results yet.

I HAVE NOTHING TO SELL. THIS IS NOT A SCAM. I only wish to pass on what I have done in the hopes that it may help others. All I have done is use the knowledge of others who have gone before and do what seems to work. And thank God for the internet.

In the interest of saving time I will post a link that encompasses most of what my self treatment consists of.

*edit* If after reading the info on this page anyone wants to know more, I will be glad to answer any and all questions the best I can.

Aries51
Please forgive what may seem as short or terse tones in either my questions or responses. I two finger type so I tend to keep things short and to the point. Takes WAY too long to type flowery phrases. No offense EVER, EVER intended.

Last edited by Chemar; 10-03-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: NeuroTalk linking guidelines for newbies
Aries51 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote