View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi George,
It is always difficult getting the timing and balance just right, and I have only rarely achieved a good seamless transition throughout the day! I was on sinemet plus and cr for about 3 years, the cr is less readily available, and there is not a straight correlation between the two (a 200 plus is not the same as 200cr, the cr is about 2/3rds the strength).

Initially I did well on this, but over time became quite under-medicated, and had a lot of sleepy patches through the day, and was rather unmotivated.

Was changed to entacapone and regular sinemet, and while the offs are a lot more off, if I am careful to take my next dose before I notice myself going off then there is a relatively easy transition.

The trouble for me with CR is I didn't go off enough to realise that gradually I was becoming more undermedicated, it was other people who noticed I was not doing as well as before, for instance since the meds change I have lost the facial masking that had worsened a lot, and have a smile again!

I could have upped the CR, but for me the sticking point was not the physical stuff, but the apathy and brain fog....

Hope this helps in some way, we are all different, and what works for one may not for another.

Best wishes
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote