View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I was a Dellon method patient. . .

It may be that Dellon et al have identified a marker to better identify those who who would have a better surgical outcome, but of course, there are a lot of other factors involved.

"This finding in no way applies to the general population of PN'ers. So, the "excellent outcome" that is referred to applies to surgical outcome - that is all. Also, I would imagine that the subject pool are those candidates who have already been pre-screened and deemed acceptable for their surgical technique.

Now of course, if you are considering this surgery, then it may be relevant. But even then, I would caution that the picture is usually much more complicated than boiling it down to a clear and definite probability statement. "
rafi

Rafi - I agree that perhaps it is only a marker that Dellon has found as I was positive on all his tests and had 4 tarsel tunnel (2 each foot) surgeries done by a Dellon trained podiatrist. 2 1/2 yrs. post surgery I continue to deteriorate, a good sign that the surgeries were not a success! It's too bad for me, left with extreme pain, and too bad for the podiatrist who was the nicest doctor I've ever had and one who would have done anything he could to help me.

nancyh
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote