View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

George,

I recently went from Sinemet 25/100 (I am best with low, but more frequent doses) and switched primarily to CR 25/100. Yes, I know that technically we should increase the dosage by about 20-30 %, but for some reason, my neurologist didn't do this. At first I thought it would not be enough, but after a week, I felt better than I'd felt in over a year. On good days, I feel most "normal" (whatever that is- sometimes I forget what I felt like pre diagnosis).

I will concur with Linday and especially with Rick in that it's important to
stay ahead of symptom re-emergence. I can't stress this enough, even if you have to dose an hour ahead of time. It's a pain and rather disconcerting to "lose" that hour, but you lose it in the end anyway, and feel worse, by not nipping that "off" period in the bud.

That being said, I can enjoy symptom free 6-7 hour work days if I dose maybe half an hour early to avoid any harsher wearing off. My body tells me when with mild signs and I dose then.

Also, in the morning and maybe once in the day, I have to kickstart the CR with half a tab of regular Sinemet. This works most of the time, and I understand it is not uncommon to have a need for doing this. I get a mild foot dystonia but only in the mornings upon first dose.

I am going to try Rick's peppermint trick. I also read here that stretching helps; that doesn't always work for me per se, but I find that engaging in some sort of gross body movement or picking up my knitting seems to "trick" my brain into on mode. Very odd, but whatever works!

Good luck. I hope the CR improves how you feel.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote