View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Janet,

I was born in Ky. but have spent the last 36 years in Colorado. What I meant about the weather not being normal is that we usually don't see this fall like weather until Halloween. The kids around here maybe have one good Halloween without rain, sleet or snow once every 10 years but up until then we usually have great weather. It was 39 this morning but got warmer. I had my heat on 2 times in August. Who does that accept maybe in Alaska.

As far as the cold feet and legs, I deal with the same. The kids got me an electric blanket for my birthday and I am already using it at night. It does help but I will say that my legs still take forever to warm up. I also have Plantar fascious in my feet. They burn on the bottom if I am on them too long but they feel cold. Like you said, it's just too wierd. This new med my Dr. put me on, so far isn't doing anything for anything. It might take time though.

I am tired. I just got home, I have to go down in a bit and take pictures of my boys ready for the Homecomeing dance. I will put their pictures on my album tomorrow. I have to go get them and take them home after the Homecoming dance so I am probably looking at midnight by the time my day ends.

I think you will find that right Dr. Most of us do on here but I will say Janet, it is sure not an overnight thing with most of us. I have my PCP but I saw over 50 Drs. before he finally just said he'd take care of everything.

One thing I learned also is how to present yourself to Drs. My PCP councelled me in how to talk to them and how to act when I saw one. I learned there were certain ways a person don't want to come off as when they see the Drs. You have to make them think that you aren't crazy. LOL When I first started out with the RSD, I thought I was going crazy. I think too you have to make them think that you are agreeing with them but then say, you know I agree with you but could we try this too. Give them ideals and make them think they are right. Don't show anger either. I did that at first. After awhile you get frustrated with seeing so many and then it turns to anger. It sure did with me anyway. Don't mention the forum either. If you present any info just tell them you read it on the computer on a Medical site. They aren't too crazy about forums due to none of us being Drs. so they think we don't know anything.

I'm not very smart on RSD either. When someone asks me what it is, I can't even find a short explanation for it. I just know what my Dr. did for me to get me to where I am today. We learn as we go.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tiredofpain07 (10-03-2009)