View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear WolfLarson,

First I'm very sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with RSD. Please go to http://www.rsdsa.org This is one of the best resources out there for RSD patients especially if you are in the US. If you contact them directly they should be able to give you the referral information for doctors in your area that specialize in treating RSD or as you suggested at the Mayo clinic.

How long has it been since you developed the RSD? The reason I ask is that it is very important for you to get help as soon as possible. Please don't delay as time is of the essence.

Your symptoms sound just like mine when I first developed RSD in my left foot. Keep it warm, which means some times you'll need to dress like it's the middle of winter even when it's not. Keep it moving as much as possible. If you can't bear any weight simple gentle range of motion exercises can do wonders as can hydro therapy (going to a warm pool). Try as hard as you possibly can to desensitize your foot, use things like a paint brush or a feather to apply to the sensitive areas. I use an exfoliation glove that can be picked up at a drug store in the bath section. You can adjust the pressure as you're able to tolerate and work up to more touching and self massage. Stay connected to your foot.

Try some Arnica gel, you can get it from a natural heath store, arnica helps with pain, swelling and bruising, I like it particularly when my foot gets too hot and swollen. It helps calm it down. (don't put it on an open wound)

If money is a concern personally I'd skip the neurologist and head straight for the Anesthesiologist that specializes in Pain Management. He/she should be able to offer you the all the treatments that are appropriate for you, medicines, nerve blocks etc...

Welcome to the forum, you will find many people here who have a great depth of knowledge and compassion.

Good Luck.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (10-04-2009), loretta (10-04-2009)