View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile ...the joy of wheels

Hi tiredofPain
The joy of wheels have brought new possibilities to me as well!! I understand your elation and independence that your Jazzy chair has brought you!! Something as minor as going to the mailbox alone is cause for celebration.
I've had my mobility scooter (Go-go Elite made by Pride) for over a month now and an automatic lift that lifts it in and out of the back of my van..(W.C. covered it..after many letters from me and the support of my doctors... it has given me a renewed independence and a way for me to make plans as long as my pain level is tolerable.
Things I've done!!

1. Taken a long "walk" on the bike path along the ocean with my son and daughter who live in Santa Cruz (Cal)
2. A trip to the mall just to ride back and forth on the smooth flooring and look at the store windows and get a coffee..(alone!!!)
3. Gone for a walk along the path at the state park! (oohhh,I had been waiting for this for a long time!
4. Rode the mobility scooter from my car to my Saturday class today and therefore had a tolerable pain level.last week I walk from my car to the class..and paid dearly for that with horrible pain..

I share your joy about your new wheels!! I'm so happy for you! Happy trails!!
Hope4thebest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tiredofpain07 (10-04-2009)