View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Wolf,
I am sorry you are facing the challenge of RSD in your foot and possibly both feet. The mobility factor is a frustrating one..I too have lower limb RSD with symptoms and patterns very similar to yours..in addition to the burning, though, I have extreme pain in the left foot due to injury/surgery..

I agree with Mslday to go the a pain management doc first but be sure he/she is also an anasthesiologist..as the doc will have expertise in all possible modalities (blocks, trigger point injections if appropriate, meds, etc)

I would research first though to be sure your choice of doctor is well versed and experienced with RSD/CRPS...

Go to your appointment as educated as possible so that you will have familiarity with the options your doc provides..you'll wnat to be informed so that you can make wise decisions about his recommendations.
for the stiffness, warm epsom salts soaks are soothing and therapeutic and a good place to do gentle range of motion exercises to loosen up the foot.
Warm water therapy pool is an excellent way to walk with less pain because of the weightlessness in the water.
It's good to meet you, Wolf! I have found information, support and understanding on this board and I hope you will too!
Hope4thebest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (10-04-2009), loretta (10-04-2009), Mslday (10-04-2009)