Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default nice thread

I've just had a facet block, one week ago, and the anesthesiologist would like to follow it up with RFA. In the meantime, the injection helped, and then I did an acupuncture, and that helped a bit more, and then a Feldenkrais therapy session, and that helped a bit more.

So, while far from perfect, far from it, it's helpful, and I'm thinking that even though the RFA is recommended (he says I'd probably get them every 6 months), I'm not quite ready to be a revenue stream for another doctor. I'll take a few more blocks, if given the chance.

About Elavil and Tramolol. I've taken both, or Elavil and oxycodone. They are not contraindicated to give together, but they do react. One slows the breakdown of the other in the blood, so the effects of them are a bit more than additive. This means that if you get drowsy, youll be more so. Alcohol, opiates,benzos,all interact in this way, and one needs to be prudent.

Finally, it would be really graet if all the links for info on RFA could be put together and put into the stickies, so people know what to think about.

I have neuropathy, and usually post there, and I'm reluctant to kill off ANY nerves, when they die so easily on their own.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rbn4jsus (03-13-2014)