View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4thebest View Post
Hi tiredofPain
The joy of wheels have brought new possibilities to me as well!! I understand your elation and independence that your Jazzy chair has brought you!! Something as minor as going to the mailbox alone is cause for celebration.
I've had my mobility scooter (Go-go Elite made by Pride) for over a month now and an automatic lift that lifts it in and out of the back of my van..(W.C. covered it..after many letters from me and the support of my doctors... it has given me a renewed independence and a way for me to make plans as long as my pain level is tolerable.
Things I've done!!

1. Taken a long "walk" on the bike path along the ocean with my son and daughter who live in Santa Cruz (Cal)
2. A trip to the mall just to ride back and forth on the smooth flooring and look at the store windows and get a coffee..(alone!!!)
3. Gone for a walk along the path at the state park! (oohhh,I had been waiting for this for a long time!
4. Rode the mobility scooter from my car to my Saturday class today and therefore had a tolerable pain level.last week I walk from my car to the class..and paid dearly for that with horrible pain..

I share your joy about your new wheels!! I'm so happy for you! Happy trails!!
Hope4thebest
Hi Hope4thebest,
You are right about having a little independence, I didnt think that I was ever going to get it. I wasnt able to leave my front porch unless I was going to a doctor. The maual chair doesnt get around to well with the gravel driveway or the hilly yard too well but the jazzy sure does. I absolutely LOVE it!!! I dont know if I said anything or not but my insurance wont pay for the lift, so Im unable to take it anywhere around town like the doctors, grocery shopping but I sure would love to be able to do that. Maybe then people wouldnt be so eager to run into me. They dont even say that they're sorry after they do it & wal-mart employee's seem to be the worse. They know that they've run into me because I say "excuse me" & they just go on their merry way. They dont realize the pain they cause me when they do that. I just hope for the day when I can do some of what you have been able to do. Something to look forward too!!! I just wish that I could attach a "cattle prod" to my chair ---maybe then they wouldnt bump into me anymore. lol lol Just something that would let them know that it hurts when they dont look where they are going. Its even bad in the doctors office---where you would think that people would be more careful. Its like my leg sticking out is a neon sign saying "hit me--it doesnt hurt". Yeah right!! Its definitely a whole new world for me right now & it really feels great.
Thanks for the encouraging words & it definitely gives me something to look forward too.
Janet
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (10-04-2009)