View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Thanks, Erin. How long does the battery last?

So it is like a phone, and it just goes to a nearby tower?
Our tower up North is only 2G so far, and maybe it won't work?
My husband's laptop was very slow this summer, for example with his 3G card.

I can see a distinct advantage for heavy big books...which hurt my hands.

I read the 4 huge books in the Song of Fire and Ice Saga...by George R.R. Martin. These were immensely interesting. And they had over 1000 pgs each. A Kindle would have been nice for them. It was quite the addicting series of books...far better than Harry Potter, and more adult IMO. The violence was bad at points, but still it was a neat thing to have for the long cold wet vacation, that the weather dished up for us. The magic was subtle, so it was rather like historical fiction. George Martin is really a good writer... you can imagine it all in your head easily.
I love books like this with easy visualization. This book series will be on HBO as a series starting in 2010. They are casting it now, and all his fans are awaiting book FIVE... its been 4 yrs in the making!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote