View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Wolf
Im sorry to hear about your situation,,I do think hopping over to a painmed dr is a good idea,,but if he wants to run nerve blocks in the back,,their exspensive and theres no guarentee that he wont either miss or need a series[and they are exspensive ,about up 1,600 a pop] and he will want to run an EMG,,thats expensive,,and I dont know how far gone in rsd you are but if you are in SIP then the nerve blocks will more than likely inflame the rsd,,but if your still in SMP then it will calm it down,,,You have a small window to get a higher % of a remmission if treated early,,and finding a good pain med dr;is hard to find as well,,I also highly recommend activity,,I as others use a swimming pool,,I aqua jog,,activity pushes rsd backwards into a remmission or at least keeps it at bay until you get treatment,,I also found that you want to desensitize the affected area by not only touch,,but [like swimming] it also desensitizes tempature changes to the affected limb,,so now my legs are not painfull or affected by cold or hot water due to the pool theropy and then shower rinsing after in warmer water to knock off the clorine,,,,you also need to find out if you have rsd 1 or 2 ,,two is causalgia ,which means youve got a trapped nerve,,and if thats the case ,,the rsd will spread rapidlly...if you need anything,,holler and ask away,,I will lift you up in prayer,,,,,,,,,,bobber
bobber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (10-04-2009)