View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
We have been watching the Kindle... for our purposes on vacation...where we are very remote, it would be handy.

How long does it take to charge? We have no electricity (it is an island 1.5 miles into Lake Huron), except for a little generator. We charge our laptops and MP3 and camera batts at the laundromat when we do our clothes. They have 3 outlets there. Anything past 2 hours would become a problem. We have a fast charge Sanyo charger for AA and AAA.
This year I am going to try Eneloope batts for the camera since they discharge so fast and are a pain. Or I might get the new Sony super 20x zoom with its lithium batt... it will depend on the $$ situation next spring.

Carrying boxes of books is a pain in the you know where.
So far I buy books at the book sales in town, take them up there and then donate them to the library up there. It can be alot of work carrying things back and forth, esp now since we are getting old and less physically capable.

I really appreciate the Kindle info, Erin.
You know, I've never timed how long it takes to charge the Kindle. I'll have to ask my dad if he knows how long it takes to charge his Kindle2. Since I think it has a different type of battery than the Kindle1 does.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-04-2009)