View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 07:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I was diagnosed Aug 2008 with mg after 2 trips to ER, ENT visit, Eye DR>, and 2 neurologist. I had shortness of breath, eye droop, could not swallow,and severe muscle weakness. In August neuro told me he could probably have me in remission within 6 months. I was a self employed Real Estate appraiser, so I continued to try to work and live off of savings until I went into remission. From Aug-Dec I was able to work very little and ate up all of my wife and my savings. In Dec my GP and Neuro told me I should go ahead and file for Social Security Disability as I was not in remission and had made very little progress. If I was down I could not get up, fell often, could not climb stairs,tired very easily,etc.
Since contacting SS in December, I have gone through the application process in Tennessee and was denied in April. I then hired an attorhey and filed an appeal. It is now Oct 4 and I am still waiting for a decision on my appeal. I lost my house in July due to foreclosure and we had to file bankruptcy the first of September. We are temporarily living with one of my sons. My wife works, but carries our insurance,etc and we cannot live on our own til I get my disability. It is very discouraging to want to work so bad and at the same time get the run around from the Gov't for benifits you are entitled to. Good luck in whatever you decide. This is a great site with lots of support and good info.
Pippi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote