Thread: Savella,
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I tried it! poor response

Ada, I do hope it helps you...I've been dealing with extreme pain in my hands up to my shoulders, seemed to respond somewhat to ibuprofen & naproxen (aleve), just not enough...so my pcp gave me the savella to try...the previous drugs are contraindicated so I stopped them & relied on tylenol (rather high doses) & darvocet to help with pain....after 3 weeks with no relief, rose one morning & could not open my hands or raise my arms even to put on clothes...stopped the savella & went back to those 2 drugs & was improved within 24 hrs...it is still very painful, but at least I'm functional & the response to pain drugs is good....was very sorry that the savella was a bust, my pcp will not be happy, he thought it was the answer.....EMG in june showed carpal tunnel compression, july surgery did not improve it & the second EMG a week ago showed no changes whatsoever.....this upper extremity pain has been since early June & I cannot seem to resolve it, tho it has shown steady minimal improvement, but hands are still painful with restricted movement....

Dottie
korbi_doc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote