View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdfree
Just an afterthought. Dr. Rhodes does testing that objectively indicates that you are in pain. Who else knows how to do that? You can't see pain. If your limb is not swollen or purple or black, and believe me, even that is not enough to convince some doctors that you have a problem, then most doctors have no way to determine if you are really hurting. Dr. Rhodes does. Not only can he test you for pain, but he can tell you through follow up testing if his treatments are reversing your nerve problem. This doctor is w-a-a-a-y ahead of his time. Or else everybody is way behind. Dr. Rhodes is one of those genius pioneers who is forging a trail for everybody else. One of these day he will be a household name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Well, I would like to know what these "tests" are. I have never heard of them before. Pain management doctors don't test for pain.

Seems Dr. Rhodes needs to get more involved. Get his testing accepted by mainstream doctors. If it is so wonderful, he could reach millions of people and that I would think would be an admirable goal!
Mrs. D,

I agree with what you are saying. Unfortunately, there is no real objective test for pain. For proof of that, go to the courthouse and see all of the people suing for accident injury. There is a whole law field built around them.

Some accident victims are truly in pain, and others are simply looking for that big paycheck. It is up to the jury to decide who is telling the truth. There are plaintiff’s attorneys, defense attorneys, private detectives, plaintiff’s doctors, defense doctors, and “experts” of all types. All of this to either prove or disprove that a victim is in pain.

PLEASE, everyone – don’t think I am saying anything against people who sue to get their just due following an accident. Those who are injured should be compensated. My point is that there is no 100% guaranteed test to show a person’s pain and how severe it is. If there were, such lawsuits would be easy to settle.

Our doctors (just like the justice system) have to rely on what we tell them. We can help ourselves the most by being honest about our pain and not exaggerating. An accurate description, including defining your personal 1 – to – 10 scale, will help the doctors to understand just how we feel.

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote