View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Jennelle,

I too, have been out of the loop lately (been busy with school stuff) so have only just now seen your post. I can't begin to tell you how I happy I am for you - you must be over the moon at the improvements you have made!!

As you know, I have been onto a Program similar to yours except mine was for Children and Young People. Like you, I was took off all of my medications whilst I was on the Program (It didn't really make that much difference to me as none helped me anyway) and I had to have 4 hours of PT a day as well as support from the hospitals Psychologists and Doctors.

The Program was really tough and excurutiatingly painful but it did help me! When I went onto the Program, I was in a wheelchair as I had lost all coordination in my legs but after 3 weeks there, I was able to walk short distances.

The PTs weren't that happy with the progress I made the first time so I had to go back once again. Unfortunately, I didn't make any progress that time and had a few set backs but I am still walking now which has made a HUGE difference to my life ... I never would have been able to go to College if I couldn't walk! I still have LOTS of pain which hasn't changed but it really helps now that I am able to do things for myself!

I really wish there was more of these programs ... obviously they aren't for everyone but even if they could just help a little, it is better than nothing!!!

I am SO proud of you for sticking with this! I know it isn't easy and that many times, you will have felt like giving up and i'm SO happy that you didn't!

Good Luck with going to work - I hope all goes well for you and that you make more improvements and are able to lead a normal life like you so desperately deserve!

Take care of yourself!
Alison