Thread: Doctors?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I see a Pain Management Doctor, Neurologist, Physical Therapist, Psychologist and my GP.

My Pain Management Doctor in my opinion, has been the best doctor I have seen for my RSD. He has helped me a lot and not given up on me when most others did. Instead, he gave me medications and treatments to try that might help ... unfortunately did but he is still there for me even to this day!

My PTs work closely with my PM Doctor and they give me exercises to try and help with the RSD and Dystonia. I see them fortnightly most of the time now (I used to see them weekly but they thought I needed a break for a bit).

My Neurologist has been really great too. He doesn't know too much about RSD but deals with the Dystonia and Myoclonic Spasms that I have. I don't see him that much (every 3 months) but I know he is always there for me and is constantly on the look out for things that might help me.

I don't see my Psychologist that much as she is in London which is 3 hours from us (she was the only Psychologist I saw that I liked) but I have her email address and know I can contact her whenever I need to. She gave me lots of breathing techniques etc to try and help me 'deal' with the pain.

My GP doesn't know that much about RSD other than what we have told him so I only usually see him for referals to other Doctors but he is really interested in learning more about RSD.

I hope you find a good Doctor for you, Abbie! Don't give up until you find one you are comfortable with - thats critical!

Alison
Abbie (10-07-2009), AintSoBad (10-08-2009)