View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Triple nerve decompression surgery

Hi All!!

Obviously, Alan is still on a quest to find some relief for his neuropathy.

He found a website that discussed Triple Nerve Decompression Surgery for people with Neuropathy. I called them up and there is success in doing this but the place is in New Jersey.

Since Alan has already been operated on by his own orthopedic surgeon (it wasn't a nerve decompression surgery), but it was some kind of surgery on his calf to ease the pressure in his foot so the foot ulcer would not re-occur.

This was not successful.

Here is the information on Decompression Surgery that I just got off of the internet. Please let me know if any of you have heard of this and what you think.

Alan has the neuropathy between the pinky toe to the middle toe on the right foot, and on the left foot, the big toe to the next toe.

These are the only toes that have the BAD TINGLING BETWEEN THEM.

Here's the info:

The triple-nerve decompression procedure-in which ligament release relieves pressure on the tibial, deep peroneal, and common peroneal nerves-was first described by Dellon in Plastic Reconstructive Surgery in April 1992 (Dellon AL. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992;89:689-697). In that study and 6 others published by Dellon and his trainees since then, the procedure has been associated with pain relief in 85% to 92% of patients and improved sensation in 50% to 72%. In those study populations combined, no ulcers developed in any of the patients who did not have a previous history of ulceration, and only 1 ulcer developed in the 29 patients who had a history of ulceration

Any comments are welcome. He's tried ALL THE MEDS. Nothing gives relief. He does do the bio-freeze at night, but honestly, if this decompression thing works on the nerves in the feet to release them, well, he'll give it a try.
Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote