View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can anyone relate to this

i have been dx with idiopathic axonal sensory peripheral neuropathy. There are few symptoms that I have that dont show up in the PN diagnostic checklist .
For example, I have symptoms of numbness, top and bottom of both feet and
and up to my ankles(not uncommom withPN) There is no pain nor is their burning. But my toe nails do grow on my feet and nor does hair from the bottom of my calves downward
In addittion, once or twice during the day, at a time in which I am PN symptomatic, I experience a feeling of malise or extreme fatigue. It is usually accompanied by a flushing sensation in the face. It may last from20 min, to 3 hours. In addition something strange happened today when I hsad my teeth cleaned. There were dramatic changes in the health of my gums with numerous pockes of 5. I have never had a report even remotely that bad My oral hygeine borders on obssessive. I have my teeth cleaned every 3 mos. and the negative change this time was dramatic. The hygenist asked me if my immune system had been compromised. This coupled with some of my atypical symptoms, I began wondering about possible link between my neuropathy and some immune def. state or auto immune condition.
I would apprciate any insights, similiarity of experiences , or suggestions that anyone might have.

And lastly, could any one direct me to some conclusive studies on statins and the role the may play in axonal sensory neuropathy.

I Personally want to thank so many of you for the information, the kindness and the support you have provided to people on this site. Even at those times when you also were struggling to get through some difficult times
Flyfish Bill
flyfishbill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote