View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MRI results

okay... just have to write...and get of the internet search - i'm driving myself crazy.
My husband went in last week for his contrast MRI (requested a swallowing MRI too, but that didn't get coordinated in time)... he's been feeling GREAT with the gabapentin - just like his ole self!!!
My husband is to have his follow up with the neuro doc on Wed. of this week. Today i got a call from the nurse confirming the appointment... I told her that I was not going to be able to make the appointment as I have a conference out of state and will be flying out early. She was kind of quiet.. so i said..well, unless i need to be there... if the MRI is abnormal, or if there's bad news, i want to be there for the news.. but if it is normal, i probably need to travel for work. She said she'd check and call me right back. within 5 minutes, she called and said she'd talked with the doc and even tho he didn't say one way or the other, he did indicate a slight abnormality and it would be important that i was there with my husband. She also said she would be available to meet with us afterward and to call at anytime day or night if we need anything - she gave me her cell #. (this was a new nurse we had not dealt with yet). i was suspicious because she was so helpful and nice (kinda sad, huh?). So, I"m postponing my work trip for a day to go to the doc w/ my husband... it is hard not to obsess about this!!! i know.. i have to wait.. and it may be 'nothing'!!!! but, still... wow!!! what a trip (or not!)... just freaked out... will let you know...
The gabapentin is sure a relief!!!
ididit1960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-06-2009)