View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

jess18 -

I am brand new to this site, but NOT new to Fibromyalgia. Everything you described including Mayo is my experience also. Mine all stared in 2003! I went thru many, many tests, saw many doctors with no real diagnosis right away. All tests cam back negative except my SED rate was pretty high. After about 3 yrs my doc sent to Mayo where they pretty much just validated his diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, CFS anf Chronic daily headaches. I also have bursitis, carpal tunnel in both hands (have had surgery) and many other health issues. Prior to '03 I was healthy, Did not see doctor but maybe once a yr. Hated to take medications. I now see, PCP, Neurologist,
Rheumatologist, Sleep Study Doctor, Orthopeadic doctor, and recently was even sent to see a infectious disease doctor. My life consists of doctor appointments, tests, and medications. The main reason I felt the need to respond to your post is that I was on Cymbalta for 3 years and recently was weaned off. Please, please rethink going on this drug. I can't tell you what is right for you, only my experience. I am on day 17 of withdrawals from cymbalta, and it has been, and continues to be complete emotional and physical HEL#. It is the worst thing I have ever gone thru. Also, while it did help my fibro pain, many of the other symptoms I continued to deal with, I believe now was a result of Cymbalta, not the fibro or CFS. One last thing. My doctor took me off Cymbalta in order to put me on Savella. Seeing how bad I was, needless to say he is not starting the Savella, and probable never will. He cautioned that it was a very new drug with not a lot, if any, long term studies, especially studies on tapering and withdrawals. Just thought I would let you know my experience. I left a lot out. Don't want to go on forever. But feel free to ask any questions. I'll check back.
B
asticat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote