View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Thanks Shari and Nicky and everyone else..

Just got back from a day at the hospital with dad again, and went in real early today to speak to the doctors. My dad's doc is really nice, so I thank God for her everyday. The surgeon came to see my dad, and said that a feeding tube / peg is not possible, as the blockage is between the stomach and the intestines (think I got it wrong earlier Nicky). So all the undigested foods/liquids accumulating inside his stomach (which was like 3/4 full when we saw the scans). The food pipe has to go through the oesophaegus to go into the stomach, which is tough too, as my dad's tumour is in his oesophaegus. This morning they inserted this small tube through the nose, to do the suction, to suck out the liquids from the stomach, and it sucked out the ensure he drank yesterday afternoon. -.- The only way it seems, is to go for surgery to remove the blockage, which is likely a new tumour (probably a lymph node). We'll prob know the directions tomorrow morning, after the docs have a discussion and review the scans this evening.

As my dad's 70 yrs old, theres gonna be lots of things to think about for the surgery. Surgeon said some people never walk out of the hospital after that. He was very truthful, which I appreciated. Dad will be considerably weakened by the surgery, but both my dad's doc and the surgeon feels that thats prob the only way to allow foods in again. Otherwise, even with food tube or peg, the foods will still accumulate in his stomach, and remain undigested, not to mention vomitting.

I'm really just praying for a miracle. I know I'm not leaning on my own strength anymore. I cant do it alone, but I know with God in me, with me, I'll be able to do so much more with His strength and love. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and love, I really wish I had more good news to share. Shall catch a nap now, then head back to the hospital an hour later.

Perhaps its good too. So that on Thu, my neuro can see me in my tired state... Lol. Am really just praying for peace in my mum and dad's heart. That they'll be able to accept it. Thanks for everything babes and hunks!
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote