Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Here is an article on the subject:
http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/7064

This surgery I believe is only done on the foot.

This article explains how nerves can swell up (sorbitol builds up in them from faulty glucose metabolism--- I'd avoid sorbitol in all foods too)

I know one test for nerve compression is to tap briskly the top of the foot and see it you get a zing to the toes. (I have a positive sign for this).

I think tying shoes too tightly also contributes to this. I put up a link recently showing alternate ways to tie shoes, and started doing that myself. I have had great success with foot comfort since doing so. Tying shoes over those nerves, in effect may compress them more if compressive issues are already present.

Hypothyroidism also leads to compressive issues. Low thyroid deposits a kind of tissue that swells the ligaments and therefore squeezes the tiny tunnel the nerves go thru. Fluid retention, like from Neurontin/Lyrica or other drugs may do this too.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote