View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default eye pain from trigeminal nerve damage?

Dear Burntmarshmallow,

Thanks for your advice; I will post the question in O.N., too.

In answer to your question, yes, I do sometimes have tingling in the lower lip and also tingling and pain in the mouth (hard palate, in gums above incissors, back of throat.) The pain is pretty much constant and is not triggered by eating. I don't have any pain on the interior sides of the cheeks.

When my eyes hurt, they sting and turn red, so I'm not sure if it's dryness from damaged facial nerve, which innervates the lacrymal gland, or pain from damaged trigemenal branch which receives pain sensation from the eyes.

How long have you suffered from the burning tongue? What have you been told about liklihood of nerve regeneration and recovery?

My thoughts and good wishes go out to you, too. Hang in there.

Dbrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Hello Dbrow welcome to Neuro Talk

I always think O.N. when the eyes are mentioned so maybe you would like to post this in the O.N.forum also... here is the link..

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum105.html

since the Trigeminal nerve breaks off into 3 branches it could be possible you have injuried 2 of the 3 branches . I know the toungue would be the 3ed branch or lower branch of the nerve and eyes would be the another branch . I am not a pro not a doc but I have spoken with many people who have t.n., o.n. and other neuralgias .

I have my lower branch affected so I understand about the burning tounge. is your lower lip or your cheek or inside of mouth bothered at all?? by that I meen your gums or chewing food dose that trigger the pains?
I would post this in the O.N. forum we have here at neuro talk . You will probly get some info that will help you figure out what could be causing your issues.

I am not saying t.n. isnt the cause of eye pain because t.n. sure can flare up pain in the eyes and ears. I am just wanting you to ask because many I know have o.n. also have eye pain too.
I hope I have been able to help you and I want you to know I am sending low pain wishes to you.
Let us know how things are going when you are able. You will help others by sharing . there are so many out there who think they are alone and no one understands so sharing truely helps.
Many blessings and I hope you find out what is causing this burning monster pain, I hope it leaves you alone for good very soon.
PEACE
BMW
p.s. if I can help in any way let me know I would be more then happy to help, or listen .
dbrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote