View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I worry...

I worry all the time about my husband being alone and taking his meds while I'm gone. The other day he asked one of our children if he had taken his meds or not - as I was not up first that morning (usually I am) I had no idea if he had or not...Thank goodness our son was and remembered that he HAD taken them.

It's REALLY scary for me - I work generally from 6:15 in the morning and usually dont get back till the mid afternoon....He has meds he takes during that time. (Well on and off all day long...)

We thought of having him to write it down (the times he took the meds ) but were sure he'd forget to write it down - We thought of notes - But he might forget to look at them - So we're going with the pill box that has the times down on it.

This whole memory thing did not start until he began taking Lyrica - since shortly after staring them his memory is not always "on".

I worry so much about him - especially him being home alone while I'm gone - I do have a statement from the Dr saying I'm needed at home to care for him and could collect public assistance but first - How much would that really be - I'm sure it would be minimul - Second I like my job and do enjoy being there - it gives me a "break" from whats going on at home...

I guess we'll try the pill box and go from there - Hopefully it will work.

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote