Thread: new annie
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel for you. When you first find out is the worse. I was afraid to sleep or sneeze myself. I'm not lifting any weights now, but most days I don't even think about it. I have a 9x10mm carotid aneursym that is untreated in the cavernous sinus behind my right eye. Of course, I have known about it for 2 1/2 yrs and you can only obsess on anything for so long. Mine is low enough down from the brain that it probably won't cause stroke if it ruptures. I had another 4mm aneurysm clipped a couple years ago. That one put me in danger of having a stroke so I had it clipped. The surgeons go by size and where the aneursym is located when they make recommendations. They don't seem to be in a great hurry to "fix you" when they find one. The chances are only about one in a hundred that an aneursym will rupture each year. That being said, I'd be playing the lottery daily at those odds. You see things from a whole different angle when it's you. You'd have to be crazy not to get freaked out about it at first. Hope you asked a lot of questions. Let us know how things turned out.
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote