View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what i know

1. some people are hard to hypnotize, and so they use drugs to make it happen. i have never tried the drugs, but the 1st time i tried hypnotherapy they could not get me under. i was a minor at the time and mom was reluctant to use drugs.

2. hypnotherapists try to pick your brain to use something that will work. for example, when i sleepwalk, i told mine i do not put my glasses on. the therapist tried to use this to have me gently wake up if i got out of bed and did not have my glasses on. the result was that i started to sleepwalk with my glasses on! this was an unexpected result.

3. a famous psychotherapist (i can't remember her name) did a demo at my college, which i attended. the girl she picked (a friend) had a very bad experience from this. she was slightly overweight. under hypnosis she got a suggestion she was big and became terrified she would crush people in the room (like alice in wonderland), and after coming out of it she was still terrified.

i just wanted to share my experiences. just because drugs are not used does not mean it is basically harmless. be sure you know the hypnotist, and ask about the risks.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-06-2009)