View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Her favorite ting to eat is a good thick juicy pork chop!!!!! We might as well make reservation to sit there for the whole afternoon when we do agree to take her somewhere for that!

It is a Medicaid thing about the dentures, not Medicare. And I am absolutely clueless about why.

My MIL has four children and only two of them regularly either go to see her or take her out. The other two just don't know what they are missing. One completely avoids her, hasn't seen her in about 2 years, the other will sometimes call her. When MIL lived in a senior high rise and rent was subsidized this child would go to see her when money was needed. Now it's just a phone call every now and then. I don't know why kids treat their parents like that.

I know that my own Mom irritates me with her forgetfulness but I don't know what in the world I'll be like when I'm 86 years old! My Mom lives in an assisted living facility. Some of them are assisted living and others are like my Mom who is independent living. She recently moved from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom apartment. The janitor couldn't believe it when we told him we wouldn't be needing his help at all. My brothers came in from Ky and Alabama just to do the move with my sister and I. We only have our parents with us once.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (10-07-2009)