View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Here's a suggestion, that I think I've posted before, but I find it useful.. Unless I'm just feeling too badly to do it... And, my doctor understands that! I'm lucky, that I have a great doctor, who has known me since the early 90's.

Keep notes, (or your pain journal), a WP document, short and sweet.
You can edit it as you go,
but, you print it, and hand it to your doctor. It's saved on your computer, and Now, it's part of your doctors file!
Do that every visit if you can, and make note as to what has improved, what hasn't, what's new, etc.
This way, You'll be creating your trail of 'bread crumbs'.
(If you ever need to change doctors, you can reprint them, and give them to him/her).
Be sure you date them.

Your doc will have your own words (and records, with his) to refer to, whenever he needs to write a report, for instance.

This has helped me a few times, when I just felt so badly, seeing the doctor, I just wasn't up to talking much.

If you get a Dr. that's say, like mine a Neuro / Ph.D, they can tell by looking at you, how you respond, like that. (BTW, That's a good way to find a GOOD neuro! Check to see that's he's got some letters behind his name, in other words, he did some extra schooling).

Nobody should have to ask for meds, in todays world. But, if you're with a dr. that doesn't know you well, or, worse, doesn't know what he's doing, or about this disease, and is worried about his license....... it can and will be a problem.

Good Luck!

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bassman (10-07-2009), tiredofpain07 (10-07-2009)