View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Friend

This is so awful. I can understand your reaction.

But please, don't go anywhere. you know what i mean. you are a precious person. I don't know how, but I believe this will get worked out, and that you will be OK.

that was good that you had the presence of mind to call Emergency Services. That was a positive step you took, and it sounds like they will be able to help. I hope you hear from your case worker soon. Meanwhile keep this up... doing what you can to help yourself, reaching out.

i hope you do not mind me saying, i am angry with your brother right now. I cannot help feeling like this is an opportunistic act on his part (or your family's) because of your SSI approval. Of course i do not know and i am not proud of these feelings; i do not even know your family. But the coincidence really makes me wonder, and the wondering really stinks.

I do not know what will come of the whole rent/housing thing as far as the future. I think that your case worker will provide you with some alternatives though.

As for the past/lump sum, what occurs to me is that, if there was nothing in writing and you have been living on your brother's property, i do not see what legal recourse he has of asking for any "back-rent" at all. Of course i am not a lawyer but it seems highly improbable to me, to say the least. I also wonder if, given your disability you might have grounds to stay right where you are under the same rental conditions (i.e. zero) at this point.

there are many possibilities not all of them dire.

Indeed as Koala says you cannot be asked to give what you do not have.

Please keep us updated on how the situation and how you are faring.

I will keep you in my thoughts and in my heart.

((( hugs )))

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-07-2009), barbo (10-07-2009), Brokenfriend (10-07-2009), Dmom3005 (10-07-2009), GmaSue (10-07-2009), Hockey (10-07-2009), Koala77 (10-07-2009), Nik-key (10-13-2009), reyn (10-07-2009)