View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Asti
THank you for replying. Yeah, I just found out I have a large fibroid in the unterus I have to have removed, so yeah, another procedure. :-( The dr said that it would continue to grow until menopause if it was not dealt with.
I am having a very hard time dealing with going through another procedure, then all of the emotions of dealing with this. I was releived it "is not life threatening", and at this point I am tired of hearing that. It IS life altering.
I am reading more and more research being done about Fibro being a neuropathic condition : someone else posted this
http://www.jrheum.com/subscribers/06/04/827-c.html
and that makes me scared too. I asked the Dr at Mayo about that, and he beleives that Fibro and knows that it is a hypersensitivity of nerves in the brain. What I wonder is, and these authors contend that Fibro is Sympathetically maintained pain. I wonder besides incessant burning and all of the other symptoms that go with RSD, then are they saying that the mind can not "turn off the pain". I beleive that is what they are saying, like you turn off the pain when you get cut. If that is the case, why arent drs suggesting sympathetic nerve blocks for treatment of fibro? I totally understand the mechanism as I have had a fricken year to sit at my computer. I wonder when more options will be available.
Does anyone take anything besides Cymbalta, Lyrica or Savella as their main drug beside narcotics?
Again, thank you for replying. I hope ONE day I can get on with my life.