View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Trigger Point INjections, do they help you?

I will soon be getting a call as my dr sent a referral to one of the Centers for Neuromuscular Therapy around here in Charlotte, and a Dr that does trigger point injections.
I suppose I am somewhat confused. If the pain is miswired in our brain, as the CNS is hypersensitive with nerve signals, the brain is telling us that we have heightened pain, but does that mean our muscles are not sore?
Anyhow, back to topic.
Has anyone had these done for tirgger points? I go back to Physical therapy next week and am looking forward to the myofascial work she will do.. but I have never had any injections and dont want to make matters worse.
If they work for you, how often do you go for them? How many shots are given at a time? Where do you get yours done, and how long does it take for you to feel an effect and also get over the soreness of the injections?
Thank you. Most of my pain is in the back of my thighs ( very tight) and my feet.... but I want the thighs first.
I appreciate any help. thank you.
jess