View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala77 View Post
hi back prettyinpink.

After reading the reason behind your request, i'm wondering if a neurologist really is the person that you need? Neurologists deal with diseases of the nervous system; maybe a psychiatrist would be more beneficial.

Psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illnesses and can prescribe any medication or tests that you might need.

A psychologist is also be another avenue open to you if you just need to talk. They specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, emotional disturbance, and behavior problems. They're usually less expensive than a pyschiatrist, but can only use their councilling skills, or talk therapy as treatment. If you need tests or medication for the problems that you have, you would need to see a psychiatrist or other medical doctor.

I don't know if that helps or not,; maybe some-one else will come along with other suggestions.

maybe i am wrong with the type of doctors that are in thhis clinic, they may not be neuroligist. But psycholigist can only guess and go on what you tell them. These types of test i am looking at doing will show me where blood is going more or less or not at all. I do know that. Both clinics speciliaze in psychiatric disorders and add
prettynpinkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (10-07-2009)