Thread: issues with SCS
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default issues with SCS

I finally had my scs put in 9/28 for RSD left lower leg with no major issues, everything has been pretty good. I am really sore, which seems to be normal for me. My pain hasn't gone away in my foot/leg. I didn't expect it to, it has gone from 8.5-9ish to about a 7ish, which is a start for me right now.

I have been doing everything by the book, no lifting, twisting, no major bending, etc. I have been dealing with the sensation of the scs "vibrations" in both legs, the rep assurded me that we would adjust this next week when I come in for my post op visit as things are going to be a learning process. I am trusting her on this, which is what I should do, right?

I woke up this morning and noticed that things just didn't feel "right". I hurt...all over. Not just my RSD leg, which is back up into an 8 again but my back & hip (post op) is killing me. I feel like I am being zapped all over, very uncomfortablly.

I have changed to the different settings. I have 6 in all, 3 are doing nothing, I notice nothing at all when I go to them. No vibrations (or whatever you want to call them) One of the others only works when I arch my back and the last only works when I turn it all of the way up. Then I am only feeling the sensations in my back & thighs, not in my lower leg & ankle like before.

I have called the clinic, the dr. was out, they will call back tomorrow and I also put a call in to the rep. No calls back today from her.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions, ideas? I am kinda worried & stressed. Of course I have been taking the percocet like crazy today, which is what I was trying to avoid, urgh!!!

Any ideas, suggestions, advice would be helpful.

Thanks so much.
ams0310 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote