View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 PM
artist

artist

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the group, sorry to hear about your problems - you're in good company anyway, we know exactly what you're talking about.

Unless I take a double dose of neurontin at night (I'm on a very low dose, suits me) I'll wake up often. During the day the meds are enough to push the pain into the background, but at night with no distractions it'll push in and wake me.

The RSD is in my left hand/arm and I have RSI in the right hand, plus neck problems bigtime. It makes a huge difference to spend some time getting myself organised.

Two pillows beside me on both sides to put my arms in positions that won't bring on the dead arm thing (hate that, totally dead arm scary to move it, I feel nothing in it at all, scared to move it the wrong way and break it or something....) and I've started to use a big rolled up king-sized feather duvet as a pillow (it's heaven! what a difference that has made!) to elevate my upper body and keep my neck in the right position. But also taking care to tilt it so I don't get a headache in the morning (usually have one, though).

Sheesh, so much to do..very rarely sleep without a few wake-ups, though. Gone are days of just yawning and rolling into any old bed, insensible to the world....

But the things I'm learning about sleeping positions are paying off I reckon. Oh yes, I often take half a zopiclone to get me to sleep...don't need much, just to get me really sleepy, tip me over the edge, and easier to get back to sleep when I wake up, not groggy in the a.m. either. Been on them too long, but I can't find anything else that doesn't affect me like a sledgehammer.

It sounds like you need to get that sleepwalking under control - falling is just about the most dangerous thing for an RSDer, and anyone over 55 in general (don't know if that applies to you), but anyway good luck when you see the docs, please let us know what happens,
all the best - and again, welcome!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote