View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I found for myself, that high dose borage/primrose oil increased my GI movements.

I thought you were taking fish oil? I'd drop that combo oil and get the plain fish one.

There is one poster on PN who claimed that r-lipoic acid upset her stomach. (it did nothing like that for me).

So you can try to avoid that one and see if you get improvement.

Basically you can drop all supplements for 2 weeks, and slowly add one back in at a time to see which one is the culprit.

I don't understand why you have a combo carnitine product while you are taking r-lipoic...that seems like a duplication to me.

You should be using a B12 supplement. Gluten problems cause inflammation of the GI tract anyway. There could be several malabsorption issues affecting you.
You could not be absorbing B complex properly. Without good levels of B6 you cannot metabolize the oils, or make stomach acid.

I think once you go gluten free, you will feel better all around.
The chronic gluten issues can be very draining.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote